TMA recommends you start planning your event at least a month in advance to ensure time for delivery of helmets and materials.
Planning Your Event
Promoting Your Event
TMA provides customizable materials to promote your event. If you wish to create your own materials, TMA must approve them to ensure the Hard Hats for Little Heads program is properly credited.
- Event Promotional Flyers (PDF): Post these customized flyers in locations your target audience might frequent.
- Event Promotional Mail Inserts (PDF): Include these customized event inserts in mailings.
- Media tools to promote your event.
- Guidelines for Recognizing Program Donors (PDF): Use this guide to correctly credit Hard Hats program funders in news releases and other promotional materials.
- Guidelines for Recognizing Texas Academy of Family Physicians (PDF): Created specifically for TAFP-physician sponsored events. Use this guide to ensure proper credit is given to all event sponsors.
- Guidelines for Recognizing Texas Pediatric Society (PDF): Created specifically for TPS-physician sponsored events. Use this guide to ensure proper credit is given to all event sponsors.
- Involve your legislator: Hard Hats for Little Heads events are a great way to show state legislators how physicians, medical students, and alliance members are giving back to their communities — and putting prevention into action. Invite your state legislators to your next event so they can see firsthand how TMA works to improve the health of their community. Plus, it gives state legislators a chance to take part in the action.
- TMA Donor Recognition Poster (English and Spanish) (PDF): Post at events to credit TMA for its free helmet contribution.
- Photo Release Form (English and Spanish) (PDF): Taking photos at your event is important. TMA can use these in our publications or you can send them to the newspaper for follow-up coverage of your event. Use this form to get parents’ permission to photograph a child. Without this form, a photograph cannot be reprinted.
- Event photography tips: Use these tips to capture winning photos at your event.
- Talking points: Use these talking points about brain injury and obesity to enhance your messages to children, parents, or the media.
- Pledge sheet (English and Spanish): Kids “pledge” to wear their helmets every time they ride.
- Drawstring backpack (PDF): Order backpacks for children who attend your event. Costs: $25 for 50 or $40 for 100
- Tote bag (PDF): Order tote bags for children who attend your event. Costs: 50 for $10 or 100 for $17.
- Coloring and activity pages (PDF): Entertain children while they wait to be fitted for a helmet.
- Hard Hats for Little Heads banner (vertical, (PDF)): Draw children to your event with these colorful banners.
TMA recommends at least one educational piece to go with each helmet.
Hard Hats for Little Heads main page