The following deadlines and extensions are in effect during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Deadline to apply for forgivable loans from the Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). The PPP loan provides 2.5 times your practice’s average monthly payroll costs (excluding salaries of $100,000 or more) and is capped $10 million.
- Medicare’s 2020 Quality Payment Program (QPP) registration window closes for the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) web interface reporting method and Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey.
- Medicare’s 2019 QPP final performance feedback, which includes your overall MIPS score (0-100 point scale) and 2021 Medicare payment adjustment (bonus or cut) worth up to 7%, will be available via the QPP portal. Physicians who did not submit any 2019 MIPS data or who filed an application for an exception due to COVID-19 should not receive a 2021 payment cut.
Through July 31
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas is extending certain cost-sharing and telemedicine waivers for state-regulated, fully insured HMO and PPO members. The extension will continue through Dec. 31 for Medicare and Medicaid members.
- Cigna is extending certain cost-share waivers, including customer cost-sharing for telemedicine screenings for COVID-19, and other benefits.
- Several Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) flexibilities, including paying for Texas Health Steps (THSteps) medical checkups via telemedicine and CHIP copay waivers, will be extended. The extension had been set to expire June 30.
Through Aug. 4
- Aetna is extending coverage for commercial telemedicine service, including audio-only visits.
Through Sept. 12
- Texas-regulated insurers must continue to pay for telemedicine services, including mental health visits, at the same rate as in-person visits. The extension was part of an emergency rule that was set to expire July 14.
To help you understand all of the changes to telemedicine during the pandemic, the Texas Medical Association has published up-to-date information for each type of payer.
Stay up to date with the latest news, resources, and government guidance on the coronavirus outbreak by visiting TMA’s COVID-19 Resource Center regularly.
Last Updated On
June 29, 2020