Texas Medicine is published monthly by the Texas Medical Association. Copyright 2014 Texas Medical Association.
Subscription rates are, for members, $20 per year; for nonmembers and institutions, $40 per year; and for foreign subscribers, $48 U.S. currency. A single copy is $4 plus 0.32 sales tax. For more information, email the TMA Knowledge Center .
Address changes may be sent to Texas Medicine, 401 W. 15th St., Austin, TX 78701 or emailed.
Texas Medicine Mission Statement
To improve the health of all Texans by furthering dialogue and understanding within the membership of the Texas Medical Association.
- To promote integrity in the practice of medicine among Texas physicians.
- To further the practice of medicine as the artful application of scientific knowledge in the health care of Texans.
- To ensure that Texas physicians are informed on political, legal, and administrative activities that influence the practice of medicine through the publication of timely, credible, and relevant articles.
- To enhance the character and reputation of Texas physicians through the promotion of professionalism, advocacy, and service.
- To enhance the desirability of membership in the Texas Medical Association.
Texas Medicine Editorial Board
John C. Jennings, MD, Chair, Odessa
Chelsea I. Clinton, MD, San Antonio
John J. Costanzi, MD, Austin
Christopher J. Garrison, MD, Austin
Roger S. Khetan, MD, Dallas
Charlotte H. Smith, MD, Seattle
Surendra K. Varma, MD, Lubbock
Gary Ventolini, MD, Midland
Alexis A. Wiesenthal, MD, San Antonio
Owen E. Winsett, MD, Austin
Habeeb Salameh, MD, Galveston, Resident Member
Chris Massey, Lubbock, Student Member
Vice President, TMA Communications
Texas Medicine Editorial Staff
Crystal Zuzek, Editor
Shari Henson, Managing Editor
Amy Lynn Sorrel, Associate Editor
Joey Berlin, Reporter
Lynn M. Alperin, Clinical Articles Editor
Debra Heater, Editorial Assistant
Lauren Levi, Art Director
Texas Medicine Advertising Staff
Rebecca Stevens, Sales Director
Abby Renel, Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Information for Authors
Texas Medicine Main Page