Texas Medicine is published monthly by the Texas Medical Association. Copyright 2014 Texas Medical Association.
Subscription rates are, for members, $20 per year; for nonmembers and institutions, $40 per year; and for foreign subscribers, $48 U.S. currency. A single copy is $4 plus 0.32 sales tax. For more information, email the TMA Knowledge Center .
Address changes may be sent to Texas Medicine, 401 W. 15th St., Austin, TX 78701 or emailed.
Texas Medicine Mission Statement
To improve the health of all Texans by furthering dialogue and understanding within the membership of the Texas Medical Association.
- To promote integrity in the practice of medicine among Texas physicians.
- To further the practice of medicine as the artful application of scientific knowledge in the health care of Texans.
- To ensure that Texas physicians are informed on political, legal, and administrative activities that influence the practice of medicine through the publication of timely, credible, and relevant articles.
- To enhance the character and reputation of Texas physicians through the promotion of professionalism, advocacy, and service.
- To enhance the desirability of membership in the Texas Medical Association.
Texas Medicine Editorial Board
Chelsea I. Clinton, MD, San Antonio, Chair
Jeffrey M. Apple, MD, Austin
Eman N. Attaya, MD, Lubbock
Troy T. Fiesinger, MD, Sugar Land
Roger S. Khetan, MD, Dallas
Gary Ventolini, MD, Midland
Alexis A. Wiesenthal, MD, San Antonio
Justin Bishop, MD, Dallas, Resident Member
Pranati Pillutla, Lubbock, Student Member
Vice President, TMA Communications
Texas Medicine Editorial Staff
David Doolittle, Editor
Amy Sorrel, Managing Editor
Joey Berlin, Associate Editor
Sean Price, Reporter
Lynn M. Alperin, Clinical Articles Editor
Debra Heater, Editorial Assistant
Torquil Dewar, Shelley Lai, Art Directors
Texas Medicine Advertising Staff
Belinda Bininger, Sales Director
Abby Renel, Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Information for Authors
Texas Medicine Main Page