- Billing and Collections Assessment: A consultant will review your practice's business office operations, focusing on your complete billing and collections process.
- Billing and Collections Training: Your consultant will provide on-site training to assist you and your staff in developing policies and procedures for effective billing and collections processes.
- Embezzlement Risk Review: An embezzlement risk review is a review of your cash handling procedures, inventory control procedures, staffing assignments, checks and balance systems, and a comparison of profit and loss statements to practice management reports.
Tools & Resources
- TMA 30-Minute Billing Cure: Under the sponsorship of county medical societies, TMA staff experts visit county society headquarters for one-to-two-day engagements, providing prescheduled, free half-hour sessions to TMA member physicians and their employees throughout the day.
A TMA expert will show you and your staff how to file claims correctly, thus reducing costly delays, resubmissions, and appeals - and possible audits. You can discuss your hassles with Medicare, Medicaid, private payers, and/or workers' compensation, and general payment-related coding and billing questions. To schedule a TMA 30-Minute Billing Cure in your community, contact your county medical society. Free to TMA members.
- Financial Trend Tracker for medical practices: The TMA Financial Trend Tracker displays a practice’s key performance indicators in a user-friendly format through easy-to-read graphs and charts.
- Billing Company Evaluation Matrix
Use this matrix when evaluating billing vendors to determine which vendor best suits the needs of your practice.
TMA Endorsed and Group Discount Program Vendors
TSYS® is a TMA-endorsed member benefit for payment processing. More than just credit card processing, TSYS® offers low-cost ACH capability, web payment tools, recurring billing, easy-to-read merchant statements, and more.