As COVID-19 cases in Texas increase, you might be wondering how to best treat those patients in your clinic.
To help you care for suspected and confirmed cases, the Texas Medical Association COVID-19 Task Force has published a frequently asked questions (FAQ) based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the state Department of State Health Services, and other public health organizations.
Among the questions the FAQ answers:
- What is the clinical presentation of patients with confirmed COVID-19?
- Which body fluids can spread infection?
- Can people who recover from COVID-19 be reinfected with SARS-CoV-2?
- What are the recommended clinical management and treatment for COVID-19 in outpatient and inpatient settings?
- What are the investigational therapeutics for COVID-19?
- How are insurers paying for COVID-19 treatment?
In addition, the Task Force has created FAQs on infection prevention and control and testing for COVID-19.
You can find these FAQs on TMA’s COVID-19 Resource Center, which is updated regularly with the latest news, resources, and government guidance on the coronavirus outbreak.
Last Updated On
April 01, 2020