Marketing your practice begins the minute a patient calls your office or walks in the door. The office décor and signage, the behavior of the staff members (and you, the physician), and the policies of the practice must create a friendly and professional impression on your patients and referring physicians - the first time and every time they interact with the practice.
A critical part of a successful marketing plan is patient communication. Patient brochures are an excellent way of communicating basic office policies and other information to your patients.
TMA has created 3 practice brochure templates as helpful guides for creating your own.
Direct-Mail Brochure [ PDF ]
Tri-Fold Brochure [ PDF ]
Two-Sided Brochure [ PDF ]
Below is a simple process that will result in a valuable tool for your practice.
- Understand your audience. Who will receive the information? Your patients? Referring physicians? A targeted list of people in the local area?
- Determine how you will use the brochure. Will you be mailing it? Will you be handing it out to patients?
- Decide which brochure best fits the message you would like to communicate to your audience.
- Find a local printing service.
- To find one in your area, search online or in your business directory.
- Request written quotes from several vendors based on the template you selected.
- Decide which vendor to use based on quality, pricing, turn-around time, and other services that are important to you.
- Use the text included in the template as an example for communicating information about your own practice. Use more or less information, but make sure you communicate the information clearly and accurately.
- Print and save a copy of the template, and a copy of your text.
- Submit the template and your personalized text to the selected printing service and request a sample copy for your review.
- Submit final edits to the printer and approval to proceed with the job.
- Anxiously await the arrival of your new brochures!
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of a practice brochure, read Thinking of creating a brochure for your practice? .