TMA is giving away a total of $51,500 in cash prizes to outstanding teachers and their schools. Help spread the word!
- Three first-place Texas science teachers will each receive $6,000, a $2,000 resource grant for their school science curriculum, and an all-expense paid trip to TexMed (TMA's annual conference) for the award ceremony.
- Second-place winners each receive $4,000 and another $1,000 for their schools.
- Rookie awards of $1,500 plus $1,000 for their schools are made to teachers who have taught for less than five years.
- TMA will award one first-place winner with an additional $5,000 teacher award - to be announced at our presentation ceremony.
Convinced yet? See application details HERE.
Each year, TMA's Ernest and Sarah Butler Awards for Excellence in Science Teaching recognizes and rewards schoolteachers at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. These teachers share their energy and enthusiasm for science with their students every day; thereby sparking students' interest in science. Who knows how many students go on to pursue a career in medicine. Watch the video below to see how two physicians were inspired by one of our winners.
All Texas full-time public and private school science teachers with a minimum of two years of completed classroom experience who will return to teach the following school year are eligible. Teachers specializing in all areas of science are eligible.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Educational History and Professional Development
- Letters of Support (two required plus one optional)
- Professional Essay
Deadlines for 2020's program are Dec. 3, 2019 for nominations and Jan. 3, 2020 for applications. (All nominees will receive an email with application information and links to upload their required supporting materials.)
For more information about the award and application process, please contact Science Teacher Award or call (512) 370-1300, ext. 1607 or 1608.
Help TMA ensure Texas science teachers are well-represented. If you'd like to provide financial support for the Ernest and Sarah Butler Awards for Excellence in Science Teaching, visit the TMA Foundation donor page.
Ernest and Sarah Butler Award for Excellence in Science Teaching main page
Last Updated On
April 23, 2019