The Physicians Benevolent Fund offers financial assistance through the newly established PBF Wellness Fund - previously the Physician Health and Rehabilitation (PHR) Assistance Fund.
- To provide financial assistance to licensed Texas physicians who cannot afford treatment for depression, substance use disorders, or other potentially impairing conditions.
- Assistance may also be available for household expenses while the physician is receiving treatment.
- All applicants must complete a confidential questionnaire containing personal financial information to be considered.
- The Physicians Benevolent Fund (PBF) Committee reviews all requests for financial assistance.
Your contribution to the PBF Wellness Fund can make a difference in a physician’s life. Financial support may help rebuild a colleague’s career during a very difficult time.
All monies contributed to the TMA Physicians Benevolent Fund are tax-deductible to the full extent permitted by law.
- Donate online; or
- By texting the word CARING to 56512; or
- Make your donation payable to PBF Wellness Fund and mail to:
TMA Physicians Benevolent Fund
401 W. 15th St., Ste 100
Austin, TX 78701-1680
“The Assistance Fund is meant to allow physicians the dignity of getting back on their feet. I am really grateful the fund was there when I needed it.”
If you or someone you know needs assistance, email pbf[at]texmed[dot]org for more information.
Last Updated On
May 21, 2019