The University of Texas Medical Branch's TMA-MSS has been working hard to engage medical students in outreach and advocacy efforts. Their effort thus far has included:
- Submitted two resolutions to the TMA House of Delegates (with momentum for even more next year!)
- Hosted a "Call Your Representative" event, walking medical students through the importance of calling representatives and details on how to contactthem.
- Hosted a "Policy Advocacy Workshop," outlining ways to get involved in organized medicine and highlighting TMA as a great way for medical students to shape policy on a local and state level.
- Worked with other organizations on campus to host an in-person voter registration event which registered more than 60 people to vote.
- Organized a volunteering event at Galveston County Food Bank.
The UTMB chapter has made great strides in shaping future healthcare leaders and improving community health. We look forward to seeing what they will accomplish in the coming months!
Medical Student Chapter Updates main page
Last Updated On
January 08, 2021
Originally Published On
November 03, 2020