Did you make one of the nearly 1.7 million annual requests to correct minor errors or omissions of claim-specific information for a Medicare Part B claim?
Novitas Solutions, the Medicare payer for Texas, wants to help you avoid having to make corrections, through its Accuracy Matters initiative. Visit the Accuracy Matters webpage for links to Novitas’ self-service tools and resources to help you get your claims right the first time.
Some of the top claim corrections physicians and providers submit claim to fix errors are:
- Adding eligible modifiers that were missing from the original claim submission;
- Deleting modifiers that were incorrectly reported on the original claim submission; and
- Changing the following data elements reported on the original claim submission;
- Procedure code,
- Date of service,
- Number of services or units,
- Place of service, and
- Diagnosis codes.
When a mistake does happen, the quickest and easiest way to make a correction is through Novitasphere, Novitas’ internet portal for physicians and providers.
Novitas has scheduled a series of free Accuracy Matters live seminars coming up. You may want to register for one of these (times listed are Central):
- May 22 — Tyler, 8-11 am;
- May 23 — Fort Worth, 10 am-1 pm;
- May 24 — Dallas, 9:30 am-12:30 pm;
- June 6 — Bay City, 9:30 am-12:30 pm;
- June 7 — San Antonio, 8-11 am; and
- June 8 — Texas City, 9:30 am-12:30 pm.
Scheduled for May 25, 9-10 am, is a free webinar, Part B How to Avoid Top Claim Errors — Second Quarter 2017. Registration is required.
If you have questions about billing and coding or payer policies, contact the specialists at paymentadvocacy[at]texmed[dot]org for help, or call the TMA Knowledge Center at (800) 880-7955. TMA members can use the TMA Hassle Factor Log to help resolve insurance-related problems.
Published May 16, 2017
TMA Practice E-Tips main page
Last Updated On
May 17, 2017