How to Get Out of a Bad Vendor Contract

While physicians who enter into bad vendor contracts they want to get out of would be advised to work with their own attorney, Texas law has protections for consumers.

Read the law at Texas Business and Commerce Code Chapter 601, Cancellationof Certain Consumer Transactions.

Consumers can also report issues to the Texas AttorneyGeneral’s Consumer Protection Division. Contact the Texas Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Hotline at (800) 621-0508, or contact a Consumer Protection Division regional office.

Finally, at the federal level, the Federal Trade Commission has a “cooling-off’ rule that can help consumers. Find out when the rule may be able to remedy buyer’s remorse.

Published Jan. 10, 2017

TMA Practice E-Tips main page

Last Updated On

August 24, 2017

Related Content