With the U.S. Office for Civil Rights' Phase 2 HIPAA audits now under way, there's no room for complacency when it comes to HIPAA compliance. A new white paper from Scrypt Inc. highlights five areas of HIPAA compliance that leave room for misinterpretation. Scrypt Inc. helps practices protect sensitive information with products like TMA's free member benefit DocbookMD, a HIPAA-secure messaging application.
Take note of these five areas of HIPAA compliance:
- HIPAA is not just a health care industry issue.
- Find out when business associates can invoke the conduit rule.
- Learn when some types of personal health information (PHI) are not considered PHI.
- Addressable HIPAA safeguards are not optional.
- Penalties for noncompliance can be both civil and criminal. Intent matters.
Are you using DocbookMD yet? Designed by physicians and for physicians using smartphones and tablets, it allows you to send HIPAA-compliant messages bundled with photos of x-rays, EKGs, wounds, and more, just as if you were sending a text.
Learn more about DocbookMD, and download it free in the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Need help using the DocbookMD app? The user manual and tutorial videos will walk you through everything you need to know from beginning to end.
Action, Aug. 1, 2016
Last Updated On
May 13, 2020