The general counsel's office provides legal representation for TMA in its activities. The general counsel's office provides general information to county medical societies, physicians and their attorneys, and the public in response to questions regarding medical law.
NOTICE: The Office of the General Counsel of the Texas Medical Association provides this information with the express understanding that 1) no attorney-client relationship exists, 2) neither TMA nor its attorneys are engaged in providing legal advice and 3) that the information is of a general character. This is not a substitute for the advice of your attorney. You should not rely on this information when dealing with personal legal matters; rather legal advice from retained legal counsel should be sought.
Contact: Donald P. "Rocky" Wilcox, JD Vice President and General Counsel, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1336, (512) 370-1336
Kelly Walla, JD, LLM, Deputy General Counsel, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1348, (512) 370-1348
Abby Lee, JD, Assistant General Counsel, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1345, (512) 370-1345
Eamon Reilly, JD, Assistant General Counsel, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1337, (512) 370-1337
Laura Thetford, JD, Assistant General Counsel (800) 880-1300, ext. 1344, (512) 370-1344
- Furnishes county medical societies and alliances with general information about tax-exempt and nonprofit laws.
- Provides legal representation to TMA about personnel, tax, and association matters.
- Provides general information on health law issues, including those of licensure, allied health professionals, and pharmacy.
- Provides general information related to state agency rules/regulations and Administrative Procedure Act issues.
- Provides general information involving ethical or professional practices.
- Provides general information relating to county medical society bylaws.
Last Updated On
June 12, 2020