The general counsel's office provides legal representation for TMA in its activities. The general counsel's office provides assistance to county medical societies, physicians and their attorneys, and the public with questions regarding medical law.
NOTICE: The Office of the General Counsel of the Texas Medical Association provides this information with the express understanding that 1) no attorney-client relationship exists, 2) neither TMA nor its attorneys are engaged in providing legal advice and 3) that the information is of a general character. You should not rely on this information when dealing with personal legal matters; rather legal advice from retained legal counsel should be sought.
Contact: Donald P. "Rocky" Wilcox, JD Vice President and General Counsel, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1335, (512) 370-1335
Kelly Walla, JD, LLM, Deputy General Counsel, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1348, (512) 370-1348
Jeffrey S. Gdula, JD, Assistant General Counsel , (800) 880-1300, ext. 1344, (512) 370-1344
Jared Livingston, JD, Assistant General Counsel, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1345, (512) 370-1345
Matt Wall, JD, Assistant General Counsel, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1337, (512) 370-1337
Ann Arnett, Executive Legal Assistant: (800) 880-1300, ext. 1340, (512) 370-1340
- Furnishes county medical societies and alliances with information about tax-exempt and nonprofit laws.
- Provides legal representation to TMA about personnel, tax, and association matters.
- Provides information on health law issues, including those of licensure, allied health professionals, and pharmacy.
- Provides general information related to state agency rules/regulations and Administrative Procedure Act issues.
- Provides general information involving ethical or professional practices.
- Answers questions relating to county medical society bylaws.
- Distributes advance directives, such as the Directive to Physicians, Medical Power of Attorney for Health Care, and Out-of-Hospital Do Not Resuscitate Order.