How do you tell patients about your new practice website? You have to get that website address out in front of them, and get it out there often. Here's how:
- Put the website address (URL) on all appointment cards, stationery, literature, and other materials your office uses.
- Tell patients about the website in the "on hold" phone message.
- Include the URL in practice yellow page listings and other community directories.
- Send letters to referring physicians and patients announcing a new or redesigned website.
- Put website reminder cards in all patient statements.
- Create business card-sized handouts with the URL displayed on them.
- Display informational flyers at the front desk that include the URL.
- Display promotional signs for the website in the waiting room and patient rooms.
- Establish website links with local health care partners, including referring physicians and hospitals in the community.
- Place an ad in the local newspaper including the website address.
- Feature the website on a "computer kiosk" in the waiting room, allowing patients to view and register on the website.
For more information about promoting your practice website, email TMA Practice Consulting or call (800) 523-8776.
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
TMA Practice E-tips main page
Last Updated On
June 23, 2016