EBSCO (a TMA members-only database) provides an alert service that allows users to keep abreast of new articles by subject. This is done via searches that are first saved and then set to run each week. The results of these searches are e-mailed directly to the user. EBSCO alerts provide citations and abstracts with some full-text articles. See instructions for setting up seamless access from the email to the EBSCO databases.
If you would like to access these alerts via RSS feed, see the Hot Topic Bibliography page.
Current EBSCO alerts set up by the TMA Knowledge Center staff. Please check any you would like to sign up for.
If you would like TMA Knowledge Center staff to create another alert for you, please specify the topic(s) you would like:
Instructions for Email Alerts:
To be taken directly from the alert email to the article citation information, follow these directions to save a cookie on your computer.
1. If you have accessed the library's e-Resources for Members Only before, and your computer is set to accept cookies, your computer will have saved a cookie to let you view full-text of articles marked below by clicking on links provided in the email.
2. If you are new to accessing the center's e-Resources:
- Go to Knowledge Center Library Resources (requires a TMA website login).
- Click on "EBSCO Publication Finder" and if prompted, click "accept cookies." Minimize the Internet browser that you opened through this process.
- Click on the links provided in the alert email and be taken directly to the article citation you wish to view.
- If EBSCO does not contain full-text of an article you want, contact the TMA Knowledge Center.
3. If you would like instructions for setting up an alert under your own EBSCO account (accessible from the TMA e-resources page), please contact Claire Duncan.
To unsubscribe, email claire.duncan[at]texmed[dot]org with your name, email address, name of alerts you wish to unsubscribe to, and the text "unsubscribe" in the subject line.