Latest News | Advocacy In Action | Sample Letters | FAQs Regarding HB7 and Workers' Compensation Reform | Resources
Closed Formulary for Workers’ Compensation Patients Announced
The Texas Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) has a closed drug formulary (PDF) for treating injuries that occur on or after Sept. 1, 2011.
DWC regulations (PDF) define the formulary as all Federal Drug Administration-approved drugs, with the exception of the following:
- Drugs with “N” status identified in the current and subsequently updated editions of the Official Disability Guideline (ODG) Treatment in Workers’ Comp — Appendix A, ODG Workers’ Compensation Drug Formulary;
- Any compounded drugs that contains a drug identified with an “N” status in ODG; and
- Drugs considered investigational or experimental.
Read more ...
Workers' Comp Has New Forms
Starting March 1, Designated Doctors in the Workers' Compensation program must begin using the new DWC Form-069 and DWC Form-073, and fax them to the Texas Department of Insurance Division of Workers' Compensation (TDI-DWC) at (512) 490-1047. (Action, March 1, 2011)
TMA's Workers' Compensation Advocacy in Action
Designated Doctor Services
FAQs: Recent Workers' Compensation Reform From Texas Department of Insurance (TDI): Division of Workers' Compensation
- FAQs Regarding Recent Workers' Compensation Reforms: Employees
- FAQs Regarding Recent Workers' Compensation Reforms: Employers
- FAQs Regarding Recent Workers' Compensation Reforms: Providers
Sample Letters to Carriers