Vision: To improve the health of all Texans
Mission: TMA supports Texas physicians by providing distinctive solutions to the challenges they encounter in the care of patients.
GOAL 1. Viability: Protect, improve, and strengthen the viability of medical practices in Texas.
- Ensure that Texas physicians receive timely and equitable payment for medical services provided.
- Provide cost-effective solutions to improve all aspects of practice management operations.
- Increase Texas physicians' understanding, adoption, and appropriate utilization of vital information technologies, to support efficiency, efficacy, and quality-of-care measurement.
GOAL 2. Environment : Ensure continued success in legislative, regulatory, and legal interventions to enhance the statewide environment in which Texas physicians practice medicine.
- Develop and implement public and private sector strategies promoting sustainable health care financing and delivery systems to improve access to health care.
- Promote patient-centered, cost-efficient, physician-directed systems of care.
- Support a Texas-specific strategy to address growing physician demand.
GOAL 3. Trusted Leader: Strengthen physicians' trusted leadership role within their communities.
- Enhance the public image of TMA-member physicians.
- Provide practice-based materials to improve effectiveness and awareness of public health initiatives through the patient-physician relationship.
- Reinforce the physician's role as the leader of the health care team.
- Uphold physician professionalism.
GOAL 4. One Voice: Enhance the powerful, effective, and unified voice of Texas medicine.
- Ensure a powerful voice through growth in membership and member involvement and the ongoing financial health of the association.
- Promote an effective voice through leadership development, active governance structures, and disciplined message development and dissemination.
- Demonstrate a unified voice by strengthening relationships and strategic alliances within and without the federation of medicine.