The Division of Communication helps establish and meet Texas Medical Association's goals for communicating with its members, the media, general public, and other special audiences. Manages the TMA Web site.
Contact: Steve Levine, Vice President, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1380, (512) 370-1380
- Develops marketing plans and provides project management for TMA's printed and online marketing materials.
- Helps ensure members receive clear, effective communications from the association by providing editorial and marketing services to all TMA departments.
Contact: Debra Farris, Director, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1394, (512) 370-1394
- Provides rapid access to the association's accumulated expertise in health care, health law, practice management, medical economics, and public health.
- Provides clinical reference services and health and business information to members through online full-text database searching; core collections of text- books, journals, and history of medicine.
- Researches requests for information about genealogy and historical persons and subjects pertaining to the history of medicine. Produces and displays history of medicine exhibits.
- Collects and maintains association's archives.
Contact: Claire Duncan, Director, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1544, (512) 370-1544
Media and Public Relations
- Generates positive visibility for TMA and its members through news releases, news conferences, editorial board visits, and other activities.
- Responds to inquiries from the news media to ensure TMA's policies and programs are communicated fairly and accurately to the public.
- Conveys medicine's message to more than 600 Texas radio stations through Healthline Texas, an audiotaped news feed system.
- Uses a variety of strategic tools, such as print and electronic media and speakers' bureaus, to communicate organized medicine's issues to TMA members and the groups outside TMA that influence the practice of medicine.
- Presents the Anson Jones, MD, Award annually to recognize outstanding health-care reporting by the Texas news media.
Contact: Brent Annear, Director, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1381, (512) 370-1381
- Produces the association's monthly newsmagazine and journal, Texas Medicine, and the member newsletter, Action.
- Works closely with an editorial committee appointed by the Board of Trustees.
Editorial Contact: Crystal Zuzek, Director, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1385, (512) 370-1385
Advertising Contact: Advertising Department (800) 880-1300, ext. 1393, (512) 370-1393