- Applicants must be an active TMA member and under the age of 40 or in the first eight years of practice. Exceptions will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. Please submit reason for exemption along with your application form.
- Class size is limited to 20 scholars who must attend ALL designated TMALC meetings and activities.
- Scholars must be sponsored by a county medical society or state specialty society. TMA staff will coordinate sponsorship following the application process.
Fees and Expenses
- There is no tuition fee, but scholars are required to pay their housing and travel expenses, which are estimated to be less than $1,500. TMA provides meals and program materials during training.
- Several scholarships are available for scholars traveling from outside the metro areas or in need of hardship status. Please indicate on your application if you wish to apply. A separate scholarship application will be sent to you
Application and Scholar Selection Process
- Download the application at www.texmed.org/leadership or request an application by contacting the TMA Knowledge Center at (800) 880-7955 or email@example.com.
- The application asks for a highlight of your leadership/ management experience, along with your reasons for pursing advanced leadership education. You’ll also be asked to include two physician recommendations - references who are familiar with your leadership experience.
- Submit your application, two professional references, current CV and head shot photo to the attention of TMALC no later than July 2, 2014.
- TMA will send application information to the appropriate county medical society and/or state specialty society to rank their selections for endorsement.
- The TMALC Executive Committee will review all applications, references, and endorsements, and select scholars to compose the Class of 2015. Applicants will be notified of acceptance no later than August 15, 2014.
Contact Christina Shepherd at (800) 880-1300, ext. 1443, or firstname.lastname@example.org.