- Applicants must be an active TMA member and under the age of 40 or in the first eight years of practice.
- Class size is limited to 20 scholars who must attend ALL designated TMALC meetings and activities.
- Scholars must be sponsored by a county medical society or state specialty society. TMA staff will coordinate sponsorship following the application process.
Fees and Expenses
- Thanks in part to a grant from The Physicians Foundation, TMA is pleased to offer the TMA Leadership College program to a limited number of qualified TMA members free of charge. (Valued at $4,000 per person).
Due to the interest in the program, the application process is highly
competitive. Please take that into consideration when submitting your
- There is no tuition fee, but scholars are required to pay their housing and travel expenses, which are estimated to be less than $1,500. TMA provides meals and program materials during training.
- Several scholarships are available for scholars traveling from outside the metro areas or in need of hardship status. Please indicate on your application if you wish to apply. A separate scholarship application will be sent to you
Application and Scholar Selection Process
- Download the application at www.texmed.org/leadership or request an application by contacting the TMA Knowledge Center at (800) 880-7955 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application asks for a highlight of your leadership/ management experience, along with your reasons for pursing advanced leadership education. You’ll also be asked to include two physician recommendations - references who are familiar with your leadership experience.
- Submit your application, two professional references, current CV and head shot photo to the attention of TMALC.
- TMA will send application information to the appropriate county medical society and/or state specialty society to rank their selections for endorsement.
- The TMALC Executive Committee will review all applications, references, and endorsements, and select scholars to compose the Class of 2016. Applicants will be notified of acceptance in late summer.
Contact Christina Shepherd at (800) 880-1300, ext. 1443, or email@example.com.