Flu season is just around the corner, and TMA's Be Wise — ImmunizeSM program has tools you can use to protect yourself, your staff, and your patients.
- Provide flu facts at a glance with TMA's new flu infographic (in English and Spanish). Post a copy in your waiting room, download it to your website or Facebook page, or hand out copies.
- Share more in-depth information about the importance of an annual flu vaccination with TMA's flu fact sheet (in English and Spanish).
- Remind your employees about the importance of getting their flu vaccination with this poster to hang in your break room or other areas where your staff gather.
- Use TMA's educational and giveaway items at your Be Wise — Immunize flu shot clinic in October. Oct. 1 is Influenza Awareness Day in Texas, so TMA urges physicians to host a shot clinic sometime that month to improve vaccination coverage statewide.
- Download and print the "Fist-Bump Your Doctor" materials, developed by Jason Marchetti, MD, of Denton, a graduate of the TMA Leadership College.
To order flu materials or to learn about hosting a shot clinic, email Tammy Wishard, TMA's outreach coordinator, or call (800) 880-1300, ext. 1470, or (512) 370-1470.
TMA launched Be Wise — Immunize in 2004 to increase Texas' immunization rates. Since then, the program has provided more than 280,000 shots to Texas children, adolescents, and adults.
Be Wise — Immunize is a joint initiative led by TMA physicians and the TMA Alliance. Funding for Be Wise — Immunize is provided by the TMA Foundation thanks to generous support from H-E-B, TMF Health Quality Institute, Permian Basin Youth Chavarim, and gifts from physicians and their families.
Be Wise — Immunize is a service mark of the Texas Medical Association.
Action, Sept. 1, 2015
Last Updated On
April 20, 2018