Not sure how to get started? Here’s a list of tips, resources, and best practices to get you to the finish line.
Not a physician? If you’re a county medical society, alliance or medical student chapter, here’s how you can support your local physicians.
Before the Event
- Pass out flyers and hang posters in the community (schools, library, businesses, etc.)
- Post events on social media and community event calendars
- Box up marketing materials to bring to the event (t-shirts, pedometers, pamphlets, etc.)
- Contact local businesses for donations (healthy refreshments – coffee, bottled water, fruit, etc.)
- Recruit volunteers for onsite event – both for set up and clinical staff to perform health checks
- Engage local public figures to participate and promote the event
At the Event
- Set up tables, chairs, signage, giveaways, refreshments, etc.
- Make sure participant’s complete sign in process (sign in sheet and waiver)
- Pass out t-shirts, information, and refreshments
- Take photos
- Meet and greet participants
- Motivate participants along the trail
- Clean up
Last Updated On
February 19, 2020