About the Texas Public Health Coalition
Who we are: The Texas Public Health Coalition is a coalition of health professional organizations and health-focused organizations dedicated to disease prevention and health promotion.
Purpose: The coalition works to reduce preventable disease by advancing effective public policies that promote a safe and healthy environment and healthy behaviors for all Texas residents.
The mission of the coalition is to:
- Develop leadership and consensus among health professionals and health-focused organizations and entities on critical public health issues.
- Prioritize and advocate for statewide policies, programming, and funding to address public health issues.
- Inform and educate Texas elected officials on public health issues.
- Provide information and analysis on public health policy for media, policy makers, regulatory bodies, and the public.
- Monitor our state’s progress in addressing high-priority public health issues.
- Strengthen the interaction between the health care and public health communities.
University of Health Forums
Since 2012, THPC has held public health forums to encourage information sharing and discussion among Texas lawmakers, legislative staff, and concerned stakeholders on Texas’ role in public health, safety, and economic stability.
Sessions remain ongoing and focus on emerging public health topics, as well as identified TPHC priority areas, and their impact on the physical and fiscal health of Texas.
For more information on University of Health Forums in 2016-2017, please visit the following pages:
Raising Smoking Age, Public Health Funding Highlight Feb. Univ. of Health Briefing
Adequate funding for public health initiatives, preserving the state’s safety net programs, and the introduction of a new law to raise Texas’ legal smoking age were the leading topics during February’s Texas Public Health Coalition (TPHC) University of Health Forum. The briefing introduced TPHC’s legislative priorities for public health to legislative staff members, at the TMA building in February, 2017. The TPHC comprises more than 35 organizations interested in preserving public health and prevention.
Texas Public Health Coalition Members, Donors and Resources
For a complete listing of all TPHC members, donors and resources please click here.
March 23, 2010