Promote Good Health and Save Taxpayers' Dollars: Support the Texas Public Health Coalition's 2015-16 Legislative Agenda
About the Texas Public Health Coalition
Who we are: The Texas Public Health Coalition is a coalition of health professional organizations and health-focused organizations dedicated to disease prevention and health promotion.
Purpose: The coalition works to reduce preventable disease by advancing effective public policies that promote a safe and healthy environment and healthy behaviors for all Texas residents.
The mission of the coalition is to:
- Develop leadership and consensus among health professionals and health-focused organizations and entities on critical public health issues.
- Prioritize and advocate for statewide policies, programming, and funding to address public health issues.
- Inform and educate Texas elected officials on public health issues.
- Provide information and analysis on public health policy for media, policy makers, regulatory bodies, and the public.
- Monitor our state’s progress in addressing high-priority public health issues.
- Strengthen the interaction between the health care and public health communities.
University of Health Forums
Since 2012, THPC has held public health forums to encourage information sharing and discussion among Texas lawmakers, legislative staff, and concerned stakeholders on Texas’ role in public health, safety, and economic stability.
Sessions remain ongoing and focus on emerging public health topics, as well as identified TPHC priority areas, and their impact on the physical and fiscal health of Texas.
For more information on University of Health Forums in 2016-2017, please visit the following pages:
2016 TPHC Members and Donors:
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Arthritis Foundation South Central Region
- Bexar County Medical Society
- BlueCross BlueShield of Texas
- Children’s Hospital Association of Texas
- Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services
- HealthStart Foundation
- It's Time Texas
- LIVESTRONG Foundation
- March of Dimes
- Methodist Healthcare Ministries
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians
- Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Texas Academy of Physician Assistants
- Texas Association of City and County Health Officials
- Texas Association of Community Health Centers
- Texas Dental Association
- Texas e-Health Alliance
- Texas Health Institute
- Texas Hospital Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Nurses Association
- Texas Pediatric Society
- Texas Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Texas Public Health Association
- Texas Renal Coalition
- Texas School Nurses Organization
- Texas State Alliance of YMCAs
- The Cooper Institute
- The Immunization Partnership
- Travis County Medical Society
- United Ways of Texas
- Cancer Alliance of Texas
- Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Partnership for a Healthy Texas
- Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living
- Moncrief Cancer Institute
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
- San Antonio Mayor’s Fitness Council
- Texas Area Health Education Center (Texas AHEC East/UTMB)
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Texas Life Science Foundation
- UT MD Anderson Cancer Center