As the number of COVID-19 cases in Texas and around the country grows, what steps should your clinic take to ensure the safety of your staff and patients?
The Texas Medical Association COVID-19 Task Force has updated its "Frequently Asked Questions" that answer many of the questions you might have about caring for people who have been exposed to the virus.
Among the questions answered:
- How to minimize exposure to COVID-19 in your clinic;
- Types of infection prevention control measures to implement in your clinic;
- How to best prepare staff;
- Infection prevention and control precautions to take if a patient with possible COVID-19 requires evaluation at an emergency department (ED); and
- Infection prevention and control recommendations to give to patients with suspected COVID-19 who are well enough to go home.
The FAQ is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of State Health Services (DSHS), and other health organizations.
You can find the latest news, resources, and government guidance on the coronavirus outbreak by visiting TMA’s COVID-19 Resource Center regularly.
Last Updated On
March 27, 2020