Providing health care in rural areas has unique challenges, and not everybody knows what rural hospitals and other health systems need when building or improving facilities, or when buying equipment.
If you understand rural health needs and have some time to help hospitals in those areas seek state funding, the State Office of Rural Health needs your help.
The office recently launched a competitive matching grant program, the Rural Health Facility Capital Improvement Program (CIP), and needs reviewers to help select recipients for 2019-20.
Reviewers are expected to analyze each application thoroughly and provide written feedback to the applicant on the strengths and weaknesses of the grant proposal. Reviewers also need to be diligent enough to recognize any conflict of interest between themselves and any applicant.
Here is the tentative review schedule:
- CIP grant application deadline: Feb. 14
- CIP grant applications processed: Feb. 14 – March 1
- CIP grant applications mailed/emailed to reviewers: Week of March 4
- Reviewer orientation conference calls: Week of March 4
- Reviewer’s application scoresheets returned: By April 5
- CIP staff conducts selection process: April - May
- Awards announced: May – June
If all of this sounds appealing, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by Feb. 15.
Last Updated On
February 05, 2019