February 18, 2020
- WHAT: Houston residents of all ages are encouraged to lace up their walking shoes and join Latisha “Tisha” Rowe, MD, of RoweDocs for a Houston Walk With a Doc Texas event.
- WHEN: THIS Saturday, Feb. 22, at 10 am (recurring monthly every fourth Saturday)
- WHERE: McGregor Park, 5225 Calhoun Rd., Houston
- WHO: Dr. Rowe, RoweDocs staff members, and any community members interested in participating.
- WHY: Walking is one of the simplest, best things people can do to live a long, high-quality life. Walk With a Doc makes it easy by providing the time, place, motivation (a brief health information talk), and fellow participants for a fun walking experience.
The Walk With a Doc concept is simple: Physicians organize walks in their communities and invite their patients, their patients’ families, and community members to join them. Walkers will enjoy a refreshing and invigorating walk with Dr. Rowe and other health care professionals, who will provide support to participants and answer questions during the walk. Walk With a Doc Texas is overseen by a national nonprofit organization to get people active and healthy, and is backed by the Texas Medical Association (TMA) in Texas.
This is a FREE program, and pre-registration is not required. Information about future walks will be announced on this chapter’s Walk With a Doc website.
TMA is the largest state medical society in the nation, representing more than 53,000 physician and medical student members. It is located in Austin and has 110 component county medical societies around the state. TMA’s key objective since 1853 is to improve the health of all Texans. TMA Foundation, TMA’s philanthropic arm, raises funds to support the public health and science priority initiatives of TMA and the family of medicine, including Walk With a Doc Texas. Walk With a Doc Texas is funded by a grant from the TMA Foundation with generous support from TMA Insurance Trust and Prudential. To learn more, visit the TMA Foundation website.
Walk With a Doc is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire communities through movement and conversation with physician-led walking groups. Walk With a Doc was started in 2005 by David Sabgir, MD, a board-certified cardiologist in Columbus, Ohio. To learn more, go to the Walk With a Doc website.
Brent Annear (512) 370-1381; cell: (512) 656-7320
Marcus Cooper (512) 370-1382; cell: (512) 650-5336
Visit MeAndMyDoctor.com for interesting and timely news on health care issues affecting patients and their physicians.
Last Updated On
February 18, 2020