TMA's Reimbursement Review and Resolution Service (formerly known as the Hassle Factor Log program) recouped more than $1.8 million in unpaid insurance claims for physician members last year. If you have unresolved payment issues, know that your TMA membership gives you access to help to get you paid.
The Reimbursement Review and Resolution Service is a free benefit that helps resolve insurance-related payment problems. TMA meets regularly with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Texas Medicaid, and large insurers to discuss specific issues that members bring to our attention.
TMA offers these additional services to help you get paid for your hard work:
- Free billing and coding hotline ― Use this go-to resource for answers to your billing and coding questions. Email or call (800) 880-1300, ext. 1414, for assistance.
- Coding and documentation review ― TMA's certified coders and auditors will review your coding and records to determine whether your practice is following payers' guidelines for appropriate billing.
- Free Quick Consults ― Staff experts will be at TexMed 2017 (May 5–6 in Houston) to offer free, 15-minute consults on a variety of topics, including reimbursement and payment help. Remember, TexMed is free for all members and your office staff.
- Education and continuing medical education (CME) ― TMA offers detailed practice e-tips, white papers, CME (most courses free for members), and FAQs on getting paid fairly.
- Discounted, endorsed vendors ― TMA endorsed vendors such as I.C. System and TSYS® offer discounts on products and services designed to save your practice money.
For more information on all the ways TMA can help you get paid, visit the TMA website.
Action, April 17, 2017
Last Updated On
September 23, 2020
Originally Published On
April 13, 2017