As medical practices collect and store more information electronically, physicians will encounter more frequent technology breaches. The cost of a breach can be huge: an average of $402 per compromised record, plus fines. TMA makes robust security for your practice easy through education and services designed to manage the worst technology risks.
As a TMA member, you have access to resources designed to help you safeguard your practice, while continuing to deliver quality care to your patients:
- TMA's Technology Resource Center and Quality Improvement Resource Center feature information on everything from meaningful use to the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA).
- TMA's MACRA calculator (members only) helps you determine whether MACRA is worth your while.
- TMA has more than 30 continuing medical education courses on technology and quality improvement topics like HIPAA security, MACRA, and ransomware (discounts for members only).
- Join your colleagues Nov. 18–19 for the Texas Quality Summit, featuring a powerful pre-conference workshop on Friday and a full-day summit on Saturday. Physicians interested in quality improvement and patient safety will learn how to improve performance, increase efficiency, and continue to deliver high-quality care to patients in an ever-changing health care landscape. (Conference discounts are available to members only). For more information, read "Learn From the Experts" in the October 2016 issue of Texas Medicine.
- Schedule a HIPAA assessment with the TMA team, or take advantage of cyber liability consulting services and insurance from TMA-endorsed vendor Texas Medical Liability Trust (members only).
For more information on all the ways TMA can help you future-proof your practice, visit the TMA website. www.texmed.org/futureproof.
Action, Oct. 3, 2016
Last Updated On
May 13, 2020
Originally Published On
September 27, 2016