Texas Medical Board President Irvin Zeitler, DO, has appointed the members of the governing board of the Texas Physician Health Program (TPHP). Created earlier this year by the Texas Legislature, TPHP is designed to encourage physicians and physician assistants to receive treatment for mental health and substance use disorders before patient safety is compromised. It is a separate board with confidentiality provisions administratively attached to the Texas Medical Board.
The governing board members are:
- Brady Allen, MD, Dallas,
- Ronald Brenz, DO, San Antonio,
- Judy Googins, MD, Tyler,
- John Jackson, MD, Aledo,
- Alison Jones, MD, Austin,
- Melinda Moore, PA, Sugarland,
- Anand Mehendale, MD, Kerrville,
- Jair Soares, MD, Houston,
- Russell Thomas, Jr., DO, Eagle Lake,
- Mary Boone, LCSW, LCDC, Austin, and
- Helaine Lane, Houston.
Action , Oct, 16, 2009
Last Updated On
October 07, 2010