TMA's 2009 Prescription for a Healthy Texas: Affordable and Timely Health Care
- Help physicians set up practice in medically underserved areas
- Fund graduate medical education
- Protect 2003 medical liability reforms
- Ensure access to a medical home
- Establish an appropriate Medicaid payment system
- Ensure all eligible children are enrolled in health care programs
- Improve mental health funding
Read all the details in TMA's Doctor's Orders
Want to help? Here are five simple things you can do for your practice right from your office.
- Sign up for TMA Legislative News Hotline . Keep track of medicine's top priority issues throughout the session by subscribing to the daily or weekly e-newsletter.
Use TMA's Grassroots Action Center
. Write, e-mail, or call your legislator when critical issues arise. TMA makes it easy. All you have to do is respond to a TMA Action Alert using the message provided. It only takes a minute.
Get to Know Your Legislators. When medicine speaks, legislators do listen, especially if they've heard from you before. Work through your county medical society to set up a local physician meeting with your state representative or state senator. Very often, you or your colleagues know them personally. There is no substitute for this personal relationship!
Sign up for First Tuesdays at the Capitol
. Join hundreds of your colleagues in Austin the first Tuesday of the month (Feb. 1, March 1, April 5, May 3). Legislators take note when doctors in white coats walk the halls of the capitol each session.
Last Updated On
July 02, 2013