recent years, Texas Medical Association section members have requested specialized training on
policymaking within organized medicine. Heeding
that call, TMA is offering its latest virtual webinar, Policy Making 101: Learn How to Make a Difference, on Wednesday, Oct. 13 at 6 pm.
Susan Strate, MD, past speaker of the TMA House of Delegates and a current delegate for the Wichita County Medical Society, will facilitate the in-depth discussion among expert panelists who have successfully created meaningful policy at various levels of organized medicine. Panelists will include:
- Arlo Weltge, MD, past speaker of the House of Delegates and a member of the Texas delegation to the American Medical Association;
- Linda Siy, MD, delegate for the Tarrant County Medical Society;
- Mark Casanova, MD, chair of TMA’s Council on Health Service Organizations; and
- Lenore DePagter, MD, delegate for the Lone Star Caucus.
The interactive virtual program will explore policymaking best practices, including:
- Defining and evaluating a TMA policy resolution;
- What items are part of TMA’s scope of work; and
- What happens to a resolution once it reaches the House of Delegates.
Register now (TMA login required) to save your spot. Attendees will earn 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for participating.
For more information on leadership programs at TMA, visit TMA’s Leadership & Professional Development Center.
Last Updated On
October 11, 2021
Originally Published On
September 27, 2021