There’s no doubt 2020 has been an unprecedented year. But a quick glance at the calendar will tell you that 2021 is quickly approaching.
That means it’s time to prepare for the evaluation and management (E&M) coding changes that go into effect Jan. 1. The new E&M guidelines are intended to reduce physician workload and support patient care.
If you want to learn more about what will change, how those changes will affect your note-taking and documentation, and how to prepare, tune in to a live Texas Medical Association webinar: 2021 E/M: Ready Set Go!
The webinar, scheduled for noon to 1 pm (CT) Wednesday, Oct. 7, will cover:
- Improving your E&M level-of-service selection skills;
- Documenting E&M services properly;
- Applying different sets of guidelines to different E&M service types;
- Evaluating the organization-specific financial impact of these changes; and
- Meeting documentation requirements for medical necessity.
A live question-and-answer session with webinar host Carra Benson also is scheduled. Ms. Benson is manager of TMA Practice Management and Reimbursement Services whose expertise includes revenue cycle management, coding and documentation audits, credentialing, staff training, and practice operations.
The webinar is accredited for 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and is free to TMA members and staff thanks to a generous sponsorship by the Texas Medical Association Insurance Trust.
Last Updated On
September 01, 2020