As more cities issue shelter-in-place orders (on top of directives to postpone certain procedures and surgeries) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, you are probably thinking seriously about your practice’s finances:
- Should you apply for a loan?
- How can you bridge cash flow gaps as patients cancel appointments and non-emergent procedures?
- How can you use telemedicine?
- What do you do if a physician or staff member becomes ill?
- What are the new paid sick leave provisions?
The Texas Medical Association COVID-19 Task Force has created a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to help guide you through tough questions like those.
The FAQ is based on guidance and recommendations from the Texas Medical Board, the U.S. Labor Department, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, TMA practice management experts, and more.
In addition, federal loans are available to help your practice during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Remember, you can find the latest news, resources, and government guidance on the coronavirus outbreak by visiting TMA’s COVID-19 Resource Center regularly.
Last Updated On
April 01, 2020