September 24, 2019
- WHAT: To protect children from head injuries and encourage exercise, Henderson County physicians and their spouses will partner with the Texas Medical Association’s (TMA’s) Hard Hats for Little Heads program to give more than 300 Eustace children a free bicycle helmet.
During October, TMA’s Hard Hats for Little Heads program is celebrating 25 years of keeping kids safe with helmet giveaways across the state. TMA created the Hard Hats program to help prevent child head injuries by encouraging helmet use for sports on wheels: bicycling, skateboarding, rollerblading, and riding a scooter. More than 325,000 Texas children have received a helmet since the Hard Hats program began in 1994.
- WHEN: Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019 (10-11 am for first grade; 11 am-noon for second grade)
- WHERE: Eustace Primary School, 211 W. Henderson St., Eustace
- WHO: Physicians and their spouses who are members of the Henderson County Medical Society and Alliance, together with TMA
- WHY: Texas physicians urge Texas children to be active, and do so safely. Wearing a helmet that fits correctly is a simple way to prevent injury. Falls from cycling are the No. 1 cause of injury to children aged 14 and younger.
Hard Hats for Little Heads is supported in 2019 with a TMA Foundation grant thanks to its Legacy of Caring and General Endowments, and generous gifts from an anonymous physician and spouse and donors to TMAF’s Make-A-Difference and Greatest Need appeals.
TMA is the largest state medical society in the nation, representing nearly 53,000 physician and medical student members. It is located in Austin and has 110 component county medical societies around the state. TMA’s key objective since 1853 is to improve the health of all Texans.
Contact: Brent Annear (512) 370-1381; cell: (512) 656-7320
Marcus Cooper(512) 370-1382; cell: (512) 650-5336
Connect with TMA on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Check out MeAndMyDoctor.com for interesting and timely news on health care issues and policy.
Click here to follow TMA on Twitter. Or like TMA on Facebook.
Last Updated On
September 24, 2019