April 24, 2019
- WHAT: Grayson County residents of all ages are encouraged to lace up their walking shoes and join Sanober Kable, MD, of Premier Pulmonary Critical Care and Sleep Medicine for the clinic’s first Denison Walk With a Doc (WWAD) Texas event.
- WHEN: THIS Saturday, April 27, at 9 am (recurring monthly on every fourth Saturday)
- WHERE: Texoma Health Foundation Park, 3801 S. US-75, Denison
- WHO: Dr. Kable and other health care professionals, and any community members interested in participating.
- WHY: Walking is one of the simplest, best things people can do to live a long, high-quality life. WWAD makes it easy by providing the time, place, motivation (a brief health information talk), and fellow participants for a fun walking experience.
The Walk With a Doc concept is simple: Physicians organize walks in their communities and invite their patients, their patients’ families, and community members to join them. Walkers will enjoy a refreshing and invigorating walk with Dr. Kable and other health care professionals, who will provide support to participants and answer questions during the walk. Walk With a Doc Texas is overseen by a national nonprofit organization to get people active and healthy, and is backed by the Texas Medical Association (TMA) in Texas.
This is a FREE program, and preregistration is not required. Information about future walks will be announced on this chapter’s Walk With a Doc website
.TMA is the largest state medical society in the nation, representing nearly 53,000 physician and medical student members. It is located in Austin and has 110 component county medical societies around the state. TMA’s key objective since 1853 is to improve the health of all Texans. TMA Foundation, TMA’s philanthropic arm, raises funds to support the public health and science priority initiatives of TMA and the Family of Medicine, including Walk With a Doc Texas. Walk With a Doc Texas is funded by a grant from the TMA Foundation with generous support from TMAIT, Prudential, and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas. To learn more, visit the TMA Foundation website.
Walk With a Doc is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to encourage healthy physical activity in people of all ages, and reverse the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle to improve the health and well-being of the country. Walk With a Doc was started in 2005 by David Sabgir, MD, a board-certified cardiologist in Columbus, Ohio, who practices with the Mount Carmel Health System. To learn more, go to the Walk With a Doc website.
On the day of the event (for media convenience; not for public release
): Dr. Kable: (773) 663-7744TMA contacts:
Brent Annear (512) 370-1381; cell: (512) 656-7320; email: brent.annear[at]texmed[dot]org
Marcus Cooper (512) 370-1382; cell: (512) 650-5336; email: marcus.cooper[at]texmed[dot]org
for interesting and timely news on health care issues affecting patients and their physicians.
Last Updated On
April 24, 2019
Originally Published On
April 24, 2019