The Texas Medical Association Committee on Physician Health and Wellness (PHW) invites you to submit an abstract to be considered for presentation during the upcoming PHW Exchange, set for March 2 in Houston.
The PHW Exchange will explore ways to create and promote a culture of wellness for physicians, residents, and medical students in Texas.
All current medical school students, residents, fellows, and faculty are invited to submit an abstract.
Submissions should highlight the TMA Health and Wellness initiative in academic medicine. Examples can include but are not limited to:
- Academic medical center wellness programs: effective vs. ineffective (e.g., employee assistance programs);
- Impact of work overload on wellness and resilience within the student, trainee, population, staff, faculty, and/or leader populations (broader than coursework, patients, teaching, research, etc.);
- Evidence-based screening methodologies to identify unhealthy behaviors among the trainee population, staff, faculty, and leaders;
- Solutions to repercussions/stigma related to unhealthy behaviors among the trainee population, faculty, and/or institutional leaders;
- Strategies for effective collaborations that encourage health-seeking behaviors in trainee population, faculty, and/or leaders;
- Models of effective work-life integration for staff, faculty, and leaders; and
- Innovative approaches to wellness — student and trainee perspectives (a category for students and trainees specifically).
All abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 31. TMA’s Committee on Physician Health and Wellness will evaluate and select abstracts, and notifications will be sent by early February. The top three abstracts will be given recognition awards at the PHW Exchange, which will take place at Baylor College of Medicine.
You are also encouraged to take this Think Tank survey before Dec. 31, even if you are unable to attend. The Think Tank is a collaboration between the committee and Baylor College of Medicine Health Science Center.
Last Updated On
October 10, 2018