By now you’ve probably heard about TexMed 2018, the Texas Medical Association’s annual meeting and expo that attracts physicians from across the state.
But do you know everything that medical students can do at TexMed?
In addition to networking with physicians, students will elect governing council members, get involved in TMA policy making, and see Zubin Damania, MD (aka ZDoggMD) showcase his talents during the General Session.
Here is the tentative agenda of student activities during TexMed:
Friday, May 18:
- 8 am: House of Delegates: Opening Session
- 1-3:30 pm: Medical Student Section Business Meeting
- 3:30-5 pm: Opening General Session, Health Care, Remixed, featuring Zubin Damania, MD (aka ZDoggMD)
- 7:30-10:30 pm: TMA Foundation Gala
- 10 pm: Student, Resident, and Young Physician mixer
Saturday, May 19:
- 6:30-8 am: Medical Student Section Caucus
- 8:30 am-12:30 pm: House of Delegates: Business Session
- 1:30-2:30 pm: Closing General Session, You are Only Disabled in an Environment That Makes You That Way, featuring Gordon Hartman.
While at TexMed you also might enjoy attending one of the interdisciplinary programs available, including the professional development and leadership track, which is scheduled for 1:30 pm Friday, May 18.
This year’s TexMed 2018 will take place at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort. Visit the TexMed housing and travel page to get all the information about hotel accommodations, and tips for visiting San Antonio. TMA’s special room rate at the JW Marriott is available until May 1, or until the room block is full.
Register online now, and check the TexMed 2018 website regularly for updates and more information.
Last Updated On
March 12, 2018