As a Texas physician, you won some key victories in the 2017 Texas Legislature. Here are some highlights:
- No more mandated time away from your practice for maintenance of certification (MOC) that does little to improve patient care (SB 1148)
- Texting while driving ban protects millions of drivers (HB 62)
- Telemedicine is a tool to expand your practice, with the same standards as in-person care (SB 1107)
- Plans must cover contracted physicians
- Payment practices posted by Jan. 1, 2018
- BETTER ACCESS TO CARE - Patients in remote areas or with mobility problems can see their doctor for covered services via telemedicine (SB 1107)
- No mandated virtual credit cards and fees for physician payment from health plans (HB 1675)
- Defeated interference with physicians collecting on unpaid bills (SB 2127)
- Defeated mandate requiring signed, itemized bills before diagnosis (HB 4011)
- Defeated efforts to increase tort reform caps (HB 719)
- Nearly 30 dangerous cope of practice bills defeated, including two that would have granted advance practice registered nurses independent diagnosing and prescribing authority
Check out all that TMA accomplished in the 2017 session for physicians and patients.
See the full infographic of all 2017 wins.
Not a TMA member? Join or renew today!
Last Updated On
August 10, 2017