Technology. It’s changed our lives in so many ways: You can now program your television with your phone, turn on the porch light when you’re at dinner, you can even have your refrigerator tell you when it’s running low on food.
But, let’s face it, technology can present plenty of challenges, especially when it comes to medical billing, coding, and other processes your practice needs.
Thankfully, the Texas Medical Association works diligently to give you the tools tackle these challenges. Need help selecting an electronic health record (EHR) or understanding the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) program? I know I do. Can’t figure out the EHR incentive program? Need information on e-prescribing? TMA has you covered.
You can find links to all of these tools on the Technology page of the TMA website. (This, of course, requires having enough tech savvy to use the internet, but I think you’re doing fine.)
Here’s some of the many resources TMA has to offer:
- EHR Product Evaluation Tool: This tool, for members only, compares the most-used EHRs in Texas by functionality and pricing.
- MACRA Resource Center: Whether you’re just trying to meet the minimum requirements to avoid the penalty, or you’re looking to maximize your incentive payment, here’s where you’ll find the latest MACRA program information, resources, CME, and consulting options.
- Advancing Care Information (ACI) Resource Center: Learn what you need to do to meet the ACI objectives and measures for the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). You can also find out about ACI scoring, reporting options, and what you need to have in case of an audit.
- EHR Buyer Beware: Issues to Consider When Contracting with EHR Vendors: You’re ready to buy an EHR, but do you know what you need to know before locking down the contract? This paper discusses eight important EHR contract terms you should consider before signing an EHR contract.
- EHR Incentive Program Resource Center: The Medicaid EHR Incentive Program continues until 2021. Stay in-the-know about program updates so you don’t miss out on the incentive payments.
- E-Prescribing Resource Center: Benefits of e-prescribing include medication reconciliation, medication history, eligibility, and formulary information. Visit the resource center for help with e-prescribing.
- Ransomware and Cyber Security Resource Center: Ransomware has reached Texas, and its teaches us all why it’s so important to keep our security systems up-to-date. Use this resource center to access articles and education on cyber security and ways to protect your practice.
You can even check out this handy print-out, which lists the online TMA Technology tools and the web links.
If you have questions about these health information technology (HIT) tools and resources or if you need additional help, contact the TMA HIT Helpline at (800) 880-5720 or by email.
Action, July 5, 2017
Last Updated On
July 06, 2017