We know you’re becoming an excellent physician. (We’re not just saying that because we might need you to care for us one day.) But are you ready to tackle the business side of medical practice? If you’re like most resident physicians, you probably haven’t had much time to think about that.
Whether you’re starting your own practice, joining a group, or becoming employed, it’s important to know what to consider when making early career decisions. Because those decisions will affect you for years.
Now at TMA, we don’t just offer flattery. We also offer education sessions that will give you a better understanding of your options when it comes to the business of medicine. And, just like the flattery, the information sessions are free!
Here are some examples of what you can learn:
- CV Writing and Interview Preparation*
- Starting in Medical Practice
- Timeline for Transitioning Into Practice*
- You Get What You Negotiate*
Legal and Financial Considerations
- Finding the Right Practice and Signing the Right Contract*
- Physician Contracts: A Comprehensive Analysis*
- Noncompete Covenants
- Disability and Life Insurance: Why Are They Important?
- Health Care Data — Managing Cyber Threats – NEW for 2017
- What Every Physician Needs to Know: Medical Malpractice 101 – NEW for 2017
*These courses include a complimentary catered breakfast or lunch (because we remember what it’s like to be starting out on your own).
You can request any of these free seminars for your residency program by contacting TMA Practice Consulting at (800) 523-8776 or practice.consulting[at]texmed[dot]org.
Action, July 5, 2017
Last Updated On
July 06, 2017