The Medicare and Medicaid electronic health record (EHR) incentive programs' 90-day reporting period for 2016 ends on Dec. 31. Now is a good time to review your meaningful use data and the program requirements to make sure you're on track.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Be sure your EHR is 2014 certified.
- Check your meaningful use registration details.
- Review your meaningful use program reports. Take this opportunity to make any necessary workflow adjustments, or ask for help to ensure you meet the required measure percentages for the numerators and denominators. Everyone should be following the 2016 program requirements.
- Review the public health reporting measures, and determine whether you meet any of the exclusions.
- Complete your security risk analysis (SRA) before the end of 2016. The SRA is a key requirement of the HIPAA Security Rule and a requirement for physicians participating in the EHR incentive programs.
- Be sure you document your progress and keep records for any future audits. Review this TMA article on how to prepare for a meaningful use audit.
If you have questions about the meaningful use program, contact TMA's Health Information Technology Department by email, or call (800) 880-5720.
Action, Dec. 1, 2016
Last Updated On
November 30, 2016