Halfway through 2016 is a perfect time to check your meaningful use numbers to make sure you're meeting all of the required measures. Take this opportunity to make any necessary workflow adjustments, or ask for help to ensure you meet the required measure percentages for the numerators and denominators.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- The electronic health record (EHR) reporting period is based on the full calendar year (Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2016) for returning participants.
- For new participants, the reporting period is a minimum continuous 90-day period between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2016.
- Everyone should be following the 2016 program requirements.
- Be sure you document your progress and keep records for any future audits. Review this TMA article on how to prepare for a meaningful use audit.
- The deadline to submit the EHR Incentive Program Hardship Exception Application is 10:59 pm CST today, July 1, to avoid the 2017 penalty. Participants should submit a hardship exception request only if one of the reasons listed on the application applies to them.
If you have questions about the meaningful use program, contact TMA's Health Information Technology Department by email, or call (800) 880-5720.
Action, July 1, 2016
Last Updated On
October 11, 2016