TMA offers a number of members-only services designed to help you get paid. One of these services, TMA's Hassle Factor Log, helped members recover more than $1.3 million in 2015.
The Hassle Factor Log program goes to bat for members by helping resolve insurance-related payment problems. TMA also meets regularly with Medicare, Medicaid, health care payment plans, and large insurers to discuss specific problems that members bring to our attention.
TMA offers additional services that help you get paid for your hard work, including:
- Coding and documentation review: TMA's certified and professional coders and auditors will review your coding and records to determine whether your practice is following payers' guidelines for appropriate billing.
- Billing and coding hotline: Members may contact TMA's certified coders by email or by calling (800) 880-1300, ext. 1414, for assistance.
- Education: TMA offers a wealth of practice E-tips, white papers, continuing medical education, and FAQs on getting paid fairly.
- Discounts: TMA endorsed vendors, such as I.C. System and TSYS®, offer discounts on products and services designed to save your practice money.
- Free Quick Consults: TMA staff experts will be at TexMed 2016 April 29–30 at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas to offer free 15-minute consults on a variety of topics, including payment advocacy. Reserve your spot here.
Learn all about the ways TMA can help you get paid.
Action, April 1, 2016
Last Updated On
October 13, 2017