How to Report Asbestosis and Silicosis

The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) last month released a new form for physicians and health care providers to report suspected or confirmed cases of asbestosis or silicosis as required by state law. 

You can find the form on the DSHS website. After completing it, fax the form to the DSHS Environmental and Injury Epidemiology and Toxicology Unit at (512) 776-7222.

You also may report by calling (800) 588-1248. Be sure to include the patient name, date of birth, Social Security number, gender, race, ethnicity, smoking history, occupational history (employer, dates of employment, occupation/job activities), diagnosing physician name, physician address, facility name, and physician city.

If you have questions, contact Emily Hall at DSHS at (512) 776-2652 or by email.

Action, Feb. 17, 2015

Last Updated On

June 17, 2016