- WHAT: The Texas Medical Association (TMA) will honor 15 Texas legislators this evening for their relentless energy, dedication, and steady leadership on behalf of Texas’ patients and physicians. Texas medicine’s best legislators will receive TMA’s Friends of Medicine award. Since 1995, the association has honored legislators who have gone above and beyond to champion important legislation on behalf of Texas patients. Several legislators are receiving the award for the first time, while others have received it multiple times for their commitment to improve the health of all Texans.
- WHEN: Friday, Dec. 2, 2011; 7-9 pm
- WHERE: The Westin Austin at The Domain, Primrose Ballroom, 11301 Domain Dr., Austin
- WHO: Joe Todd, MD, chair of TEXPAC, TMA’s political action committee, will present these 15 legislators with TMA’s Friends of Medicine award:
- Rep. Dan Branch (R-Dallas)
- Rep. John Davis (R-Houston)
- Rep. Sarah Davis (R-West University Place)
- Sen. Robert Deuell, MD (R-Greenville)
- Sen. Robert Duncan (R-Lubbock)
- Sen. Juan Hinojosa (D-McAllen)
- Sen. Joan Huffman (R-Southside Place)
- Rep. Todd Hunter (R-Corpus Christi)
- Rep. Susan King (R-Abilene)
- Rep. Elliot Naishtat (D-Austin)
- Sen. Jane Nelson (R-Flower Mound)
- Rep. Charles Schwertner, MD (R-Georgetown)
- Rep. Mark Shelton, MD (R-Fort Worth)
- Rep. Vicki Truitt (R-Keller)
- Rep. John Zerwas, MD (R-Richmond)
Reporters: Please call or ask for Brent Annear or Pam Udall upon arrival, and we’ll help you find the meeting and line up any interviews you may need.
TMA is the largest state medical society in the nation, representing more than 45,000 physician and medical student members. It is located in Austin and has 120 component county medical societies around the state. TMA’s key objective since 1853 is to improve the health of all Texans.
Last Updated On
May 06, 2016