Use the EHR Incentive Programs Eligibility Wizard to find out if you are eligible to participate in the Medicare and/or Medicaid electronic health record (EHR) incentive programs, earning incentive amounts up to $44,000-$63,750.
This tool, developed by the Centers for Medicare& Medicaid Services (CMS), allows physicians to find out which incentive program to register for by answering a few short questions. Remember, physicians can participate in only one program. A one-time switch between programs is allowed before 2015.
How to Register
Detailed instructions for Texas physicians are available for the Medicare and Medicaid incentive programs at www.texmed.org/MedicareEHR and www.texmed.org/MedicaidEHR. Information needed to register differs for both incentive programs.
How can I get help?
Texas regional extension centers (RECs) provide assistance with selecting and implementing EHR systems and achieving meaningful use. Visit TMA's Texas REC Resource Center for more information. For an annual subscription of $300 per physician for those who practice primary care, services from your REC include:
- Guidance with 5010 transition, e-prescribing, and meaningful-use criteria,
- Initial practice assessment,
- EHR selection and implementation,
- Project management to support the implementation of your new system,
- Practice workflow analysis and process redesign,
- Privacy and security education and risk analysis,
- Meaningful-use gap analysis, and
- Assistance with federal documentation.
Questions? Contact TMA's Health Information Technology Helpline at (800) 880-5720 or email HIT.
Action, Nov. 1, 2011