With Medicare a hot-button issue in Washington, the pressure is on to reduce costs and improve efficiency. Physicians and staff need to understand the ever-more-complicated Medicare system to ensure they are paid accurately, benefit from incentives, and avoid allegations of fraud and abuse.
TMA brings important information to your city in a seminar series, Medicare 2012. We'll show you how to:
- Get ready for changes in the Medicare program;
- Prepare your practice for potential audits;
- Identify the areas of Medicare auditors' focus;
- Gather relevant information when appealing audit letters;
- Use TrailBlazer's website to decipher claim denials (e.g., coding and billing errors);
- Comply with HIPAA 5010 electronic standards;
- Get help with electronic health record selection and implementation; and
- Earn incentives through quality reporting, meaningful use, and e-prescribing.
The remaining dates and cities for the seminars are:
- Nov. 17, Fort Worth;
- Nov. 29, McAllen;
- Nov. 30, Houston (north); and
- Dec. 1, Houston (west).
Register now online or call (800) 880-7955.
Open Enrollment Begins
Open enrollment for Medicare in 2012 is Nov. 15 through Dec. 31. The seminars will cover physicians' participation options: participating, nonparticipating, and opt-out.
Physicians will not receive the usual compact disc announcing the annual open participation enrollment period from TrailBlazer Health Enterprises this year because the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services directed Medicare contactors to mail a postcard instead. Specific information about the annual open enrollment period, including the Form CMS-460, will be available on TrailBlazer's PAR Enrollment webpage.
TrailBlazer will post the 2012 fee schedule on its Fee Schedule webpage and notify physicians when the 2012 fees are available.
Action, Nov. 15, 2011