NUMERATOR / DENOMINATOR / EXCLUSION
- DENOMINATOR: Number of unique patients 65 years old or older or 5 years older or younger.
- NUMERATOR: Number of patients in the denominator who were sent the appropriate reminder.
- EXCLUSION: If an Eligible Physician (EP) or other eligible professional has no patients 65 years old or older or 5 years old or younger with records maintained using certified EHR technology that EP is excluded from this requirement. EPs must select NO next to the appropriate exclusion, then click the APPLY button in order to attest to the exclusion.
The resulting percentage (Numerator ÷ Denominator) must be more than 20 percent in order for an EP to meet this measure.
- The EP is permitted, but not required, to limit the measure of this objective to those patients whose records are maintained using certified EHR technology.
- EPs meet the aspect of ‘‘per patient preference’’ of this objective if they are accommodating reasonable requests in accordance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule, as specified at 45 CFR 164.522(b), which is the guidance established for accommodating patient requests.
- EP has the discretion to determine the frequency, means of transmission, and form of the reminder limited only by the requirements the HIPAA Privacy Rule, as specified at 45 CFR 164.522(b), and any other applicable federal, state or local regulations that apply to them.
Last Updated On
February 27, 2012