DENOMINATOR / NUMERATOR / EXCLUSION
- DENOMINATOR: Number of unique patients seen by the EP during the EHR reporting period.
- NUMERATOR: The number of patients in the denominator who have timely (within 4 business days after the information is available to the EP) online access to their health information to view, download, and transmit to a third party.
- EXCLUSION: Any EP who neither orders nor creates any of the information listed for inclusion, except for "Patient name" and "Provider's name and office contact information.”
The resulting percentage (Numerator ÷ Denominator) must be more than 50 percent in order for an eligible professional to meet this measure.
- The following information must be made available online: Patient name, provider's name and office contact information, current and past problem list, procedures. laboratory test results, current medication list and medication history, current medication allergy list and medication allergy history, vital signs (height, weight, blood pressure, BMI, growth charts), smoking status, demographic information (preferred language, sex, race, ethnicity, date of birth), care plan field(s), including goals and instructions, and any known care team members including the primary care provider (PCP) of record unless the information is not available in certified EHR technology (CEHRT), is restricted from disclosure due to any federal, state or local law regarding the privacy of a person’s health information, including variations due to the age of the patient or the provider believes that substantial harm may arise from disclosing particular health information in this manner.
- Replaces the Stage 1 core objective for EPs of "Provide patients with an electronic copy of their health information (including diagnostic test results, problem list, medication lists, medication allergies) upon request" and the Stage 1 menu objective for EPs of "Provide patients with timely electronic access to their health information (including lab results, problem list, medication lists, and allergies) within 4 business days of the information being available to the EP."
- This objective aligns with the Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs), in affording baseline privacy protections to individuals.
- The measure for this objective must be met using CEHRT.
Last Updated On
April 10, 2015