For Immediate Release
April 29, 2010
Contact: Pam Udall
phone: (512) 370-1382
cell: (512) 413-6807
phone: (512) 370-1381
cell: (512) 656-7320
Click here to follow TMA on Twitter . Or visit TMA on Facebook.
TexMed Panel to Grapple With New Law's Effect on Patients, Medicine
- WHAT: Health System Reform panel discussion, "Caring for Patients in a Time of Change," at TexMed, the Texas Medical Association's (TMA's) annual conference and expo
- WHEN: Friday, April 30, 3-4 pm
- WHERE: Fort Worth Convention Center, 1201 Houston St., Level 2, Room 203A, Fort Worth
- WHO: TMA physician leaders Susan Rudd Bailey, MD, TMA President-Elect; Dan K. McCoy, MD, Chair, TMA Council on Legislation; and staff experts Darren Whitehurst, TMA Vice President, Advocacy; and Steve Levine, TMA Vice President, Communication
- WHY: Health System Reform is now law, but few understand what changes are in store for patients and physicians. A new Kaiser Health Tracking Poll indicates 55 percent of Americans are confused by details of the new law, and 56 percent said they do not have enough information to understand the impact on their care. This panel, presented by TMA experts in health care policy, aims to increase understanding and reduce confusion.
Reporters, please call either Pam or Brent upon arriving at the TexMed registration desk so we can help you find the panel discussion and arrange your interview, and reduce your hassle.
TMA is the largest state medical society in the nation, representing nearly 45,000 physician and medical student members. It is located in Austin and has 120 component county medical societies around the state. TMA's key objective since 1853 is to improve the health of all Texans.
-- 30 --