Why TMA Supports a Strong and Fair Texas Medical Board
A strong and fair Texas Medical Board (TMB) protects the patients of Texas. A strong and fair TMB upholds high ethical and professional standards for physicians. A strong and fair TMB helps to preserve the significant health care tort reforms enacted in 2003. A strong and fair TMB maintains the professional image of all Texas physicians.
- You, TMB, and TMA (April 2, 2013)
- TMB Starts Remedial Plan System (Action, Feb. 1, 2012)
- TMA Warns TMB About Stem Cell Rules (Action, Nov 1, 2011)
- Treating Your Own: It's Legal, But It Can Be Risky (Texas Medicine, October 2011)
- TMB Needs Physicians to Review Cases (Action, June 15, 2011)
- Chief Houston Doctor: TMA Working for Real TMB Reform (Harris County Physician, May 2011)
- TMA Physicians Appointed to TMB: Four TMA member physicians are among Gov. Rick Perry's seven appointments to the Texas Medical Board. Two of the physician members are new; the other two were reappointed. All are subject to Senate confirmation, and their terms expire in April 2015.
TMA Wins Key Medical Board Changes.
Physicians will face less bureaucratic hassle from the Texas Medical Board under a trio of TMA-backed bills that are waiting for Gov. Rick Perry's signature. One of the most important things the bills would do is prohibit the filing of anonymous complaints.
TMA Legislative Brief
- Medical Board Bulletin - Newsletter of TMB
- TMB Reform (Texas Medicine, July 2011)
- Chasing Dr. Feelgood: TMB Shuts Down Pill Mills (Texas Medicine, July 2011)
- Special Report: TMB Reformed: TMA Wins Key Medical Board Changes (Action, May 27, 2011)
- TMB to Resume Death Registration Fines (Action, May 18, 2011)
- Keep On Registering Deaths Electronically (Action, Feb. 15, 2011)
- TMB Names New Medical Director (Action, Jan. 14, 2011)
- Off to a Good Start: Proper Planning, TMA Help Vital to Successful New Practice (Texas Medicine, January 2010)
- The New TMB: Board Improves Licensing, Enforcement Process (Texas Medicine, June 2009)
- TMA Continues to Push for a Strong and Fair Texas Medical Board (May 5, 2009)
- Greetings From the TMB: What Happens If You Get Bad News (Texas Medicine, July 2008)
- Prove Your Worth: State Medical Boards Again Eye Competency Testing (Texas Medicine, March 2008)
- TMF Health Quality Institute is authorized by Medicare to review medical care and services provided to Medicare beneficiaries in the state. Learn more about the process by going to the Review Process Information for Physicians on the TMF Web site.
Texas Medical Board website